I’m worried about how I will look after the surgery. Can I see the result before I decide to go ahead? 3D rhinoplasty simulation with Vectra Imaging System.
The main advantage of this system is that it significantly reduces the risk of any misunderstanding between doctor and patient.
- It is easier for patients to explain what they want by referring to the screen and showing the surgeon exactly the changes they wish to be made.
- The surgeon then suggests possible solutions and they work together on the screen in order to achieve the desired result. This stress-free procedure gives patients an accurate image of their future appearance.
Thanks to this new technology, any concerns about the final result are greatly diminished. The misunderstandings of the past are replaced by the certainty of the image.
Patients confirm that the combination of Dr. Mireas as a surgeon and the use of the simulator enabled them to proceed with the operation in full confidence regarding the final aesthetic and functional results.
How the simulator works.
The Vectra 3D Imaging System as well as the Mirror® and Face Sculptor® software have been developed by Canfield Scientific, a global pioneer in medical and surgical imaging systems.
- First, a 3D image of the patient’s face is captured, which takes less than a minute.
- Then, using the special software, a 3D simulation of the final result is shown on the screen.
- Other operations that can be simulated are mentoplasty, chin augmentation, profiloplasty, liposuction etc.
Rhinoplasty from every angle.
During the simulation the surgeon can show the patient the result of two angles at the same time, a before-and-after comparison, the result of two or more operations in combination, as well as much more, depending on the case.
There are many options for how to show the 3D image during the simulation procedure:
- From any angle.
- Superimposition of before and after images.
- From 2 different angles at the same time.
- Before and after images side-by-side.
The more demanding and complicated the operation, the greater the advantage of using the system.
- In revision rhinoplasty the surgeon can measure dimensions and angles with absolute precision.
- In cases of major reconstructive surgery, CT and MRI results can be incorporated in the system.
- In a skin transplant after removal of a tumor, volume and surface area can be precisely calculated.