Rhinoplasty for patients outside Athens: The process in detail
In order to make life easier for our patients, we have developed a quick and straightforward process that spares them the time and expense of unnecessary visits.
Preparing for your rhinoplasty surgery online
At our center, you can arrange your rhinoplasty procedure online.
There are two stages to the process.
- Get in touch with us by phone (+30) 2107526900 or e-mail, or by using the special form (for more details, see our contact us page).
Briefly answer the following questions:
- Have you ever had surgery on your nose, or will this be your first operation?
- Have you ever suffered a serious injury to your nose or face? If so, at what age?
- Do you have to take regular medication for any reason?
- Send us some clear photographs of your face and describe in simple language what you want to change. The photographs that are most helpful to us show the frontal view of the face, the right and left profile, the right and left three-quarter profile, and the view from above and below.
- Arrange an online appointment with Dr. Mireas. During this online appointment you will be able to talk to the doctor about the operation you want performed (rhinoplasty, nasal plastic surgery in combination with chin augmentation, etc.), whether you are a suitable candidate for rhinoplasty, and what you want to change or to improve. You will also be able to ask your own questions and get all the information you need, as well as an estimate of the cost of the procedure.
- We book your preferred date and time for your rhinoplasty in Athens.
After the first stage, the process can last as little as 6-7 days, and is as follows:
- You must be in Athens the day before the operation so that you can come to the Exelixis MI VIP-Rhinoplasty Center to meet Dr. Mireas. All the necessary tests will be carried out and you will see a 3D simulation of your rhinoplasty. Read in detail about the complete and thorough examination required for rhinoplasty surgery
- Your surgery will take place the next morning. You can leave the clinic the same afternoon, although you can also stay overnight if you prefer.
- You can spend the following days as you wish. You do not need to stay in Athens. Your next appointment with Dr. Mireas, to remove the splint, will be 4-6 days later and immediately afterwards you can return home using any means of transport you like.
- Dr. Mireas does not place packing inside the nose, so you won’t have to go through the process of having it removed.
- Just 4-6 days later, Dr. Mireas will remove the small splint from the bridge of your nose and you will immediately see the result of your rhinoplasty.
- After the splint has been removed you can return home using any means of transport you like. Even transatlantic flights are permitted without any restrictions.
Rhinoplasty in Athens & Medical Tourism
Some patients decide to combine their operation with a short holiday in Athens or organize a trip from there to somewhere else. This kind of medical tourism, combining a surgical procedure with a break, is particularly common in the case of rhinoplasty because it is an operation that takes only one day, after which the patient is in no pain. This means there is nothing to stop them from travelling or relaxing between the surgery and the follow-up appointment.
Your visit to the VIP-Rhinoplasty Center to meet Dr. Mireas
At the VIP-Rhinoplasty Center, you will undergo a physical examination and you will see a 3D simulation of what your rhinoplasty will look like with the Vectra 3D Imaging System from Canfield Scientific in the United States. Following a discussion, you and Dr. Mireas will finalize the plan for your procedure, and he will answer any queries you may have.
You must be in Athens the day before your surgery for your meeting with Dr. Mireas at the VIP-Rhinoplasty Center.
The VIP-Rhinoplasty Center is located in the center of Athens at 12 Vasileos Konstantinou Avenue, right next to the Panathenaic Stadium.
In the VIP-Rhinoplasty Center examination room, you will undergo a physical examination and you will see a 3D simulation of what your rhinoplasty will look like. Following a discussion, you and Dr. Mireas will finalize the plan for your procedure, and he will answer any queries you may have.
The simulation system, which is available in Greece only at the VIP-Rhinoplasty Center, will allow you to see what your face will look like before and after your rhinoplasty.