Dr. George Mireas: Bio and Specialization in Rhinoplasty
Dr. Mireas is a Facial Plastic Surgeon specializing in Rhinoplasty. He is also a qualified ENT – Head and Neck surgeon. He performs a large number of aesthetic and reconstructive procedures every year, the vast majority of them cosmetic and functional rhinoplasties.
Dr. Mireas began his career as a military doctor in Thessaloniki in 1989, and chose to specialize in rhinoplasty in 2006, giving all his energy and commitment to a procedure that he sees as the most demanding and at the same time the most attractive of all cosmetic surgeries.
Current and previous positions
- Mireas is a military doctor. He graduated from the Medical School of Aristotle University of Thessaloniki and the Military Medical School in 1995.
- He has worked at the 251 Hellenic Air Force (HAF) Hospital since 1995 and was appointed an ENT consultant in 2005.
- He completed his residency in ENT – Head & Neck Surgery in 2005.
- He was clinical fellow in Nose and Ear Surgery for a full year in 2006 at the ENT department of the Hellenic Red Cross Hospital.
- He has sat on the three-member committee that examines candidate ENT surgeons at the 251 HAF Hospital since 2010.
- He is the chief clinical instructor at the ENT department of the 251 HAF Hospital.
- He was awarded his PhD in Medicine from the National and Kapodistrian University of Athens in 2014.
- He is the founder of the Exelixis Medical Institute, which specializes in cosmetic and reconstructive facial and body surgery, and is also the head of its surgical team.
- He is the only rhinoplasty surgeon in Greece to use the Vectra M3 3D rhinoplasty simulator developed by the US company Canfield Scientific.
- He is the founder of “TheDoctors”, an innovative network of specialist physicians in more than 20 disciplines.
- He has been the head of the Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery Dept. at Mediterraneo Hospital in Athens since 2018.
He is a member of the most recognized international academies and societies specializing in rhinoplasty and facial plastic surgery.
- American Academy of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery (AAFPRS)
- Emerging Trends and Technologies Committee of AAFPRS
- European Academy of Facial Plastic Surgery (EAFPS)
- European Rhinologic Society (ERS)
- American Rhinologic Society (ARS)
- Rhinoplasty Society of Europe (RSE)
- Dr. Mireas is an invited speaker at the biggest international congresses and meetings as a rhinoplasty expert and an opinion leader in piezo ultrasonic rhinoplasty.
Dr. Mireas’ expertise in rhinoplasty surgery
- 2019-present: Member of the Emerging Trends and Technologies Committee of AAFPRS
- 2018-present: Head of the Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery Dept. at Mediterraneo Hospital in Athens
- 2018-present: Member of the Rhinoplasty Society of Europe (RSE)
- 2017-present: Member of the American Academy of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery (AAFPRS)
- 2017-present: Member of the American Rhinologic Society (ARS)
- 2014: Awarded a PhD by the National and Kapodistrian University of Athens. Grade: Excellent.
- 2010-present: Member of the European Rhinologic Society (ERS)
- 2010-present: Member of the European Academy of Facial Plastic Surgery (EAFPS)
- 2005-present: Consultant at the ENT department of the 251 Hellenic Air Force Hospital
- 2005-present: Scientific Director of Exelixis Medical Institute
- 2006-2007: Clinical Fellowship in Nose and Ear Surgery
- 1999-2005: Residency in ENT – Head and Neck Surgery
- 1989-1995: Medical School of Aristotle University of Thessaloniki & Military Medical School of Greece